Wednesday 17 June 2015

Summer Essentials

Well hello there...

Summer is officially here, and the sun has definitely had his hat on recently.
I love the summer time. I relish the long, warm evenings, and bright sunny mornings.
I thought I would share with you, some of my summer must haves.

Let's get started...

1. Sunglasses
A give in really. The sun comes out, and the shades go on.
I have to wear prescription sunglasses. Although I really like mine!
I love the statement red leopard print detail on the sides, and I think they suit me quite well!
I also am a big fan of cheap, and cheerful sunglasses.
My go-to places are always ASOS and Primark, they both have some fab ones at the moment.

2. Denim Jacket
I bought this jacket from Forever 21, a couple of months ago, ready for summer. 
I love the slightly cropped style. I find it looks more flattering, as it nips you in at the waist.
I love throwing this over a sun dress come evening time, when it gets a bit breezy.

3. White Pumps
I love simple white pumps. I picked these beauties up in Primark for £3.00.
They go with everything, from sun dresses to skinny jeans. 
I love wearing pumps, as I find them more comfortable than strappy sandals, for walking around all day in the sunshine. They are breathable, they don't rub my feet, and for £3.00 they are a right bargain!

4. Face SPF
Sun cream - the most important essential for summer! 
No-one likes looking like a lobster, and of course you need to protect your skin, against those nasty UV rays! I like to use a separate sun lotion for my face, as I find regular sun cream can be very greasy on my skin, and often breaks me out. I love the Soltan Once face cream from Boots. 
It has SPF 30, protects against UVA rays, offers 8 hours of sun protection and is water resistant. 
It doesn't feel at all greasy on my skin, and it also can be worn under or over make up.
Perfect for midday touch ups!
5. Coral Lips
I'm usually a light lipped kinda gal. I rarely stray from my trusty nudes. 
But come summer time, I always fancy a bit of a change. I've been loving this Seventeen lipstick, in 'Cheeky Secret'. 
(I have raved about it quite a lot already!)
 It's the perfect coral shade, that can be built up to a bold lip, or kept as a low key tint.
 It also feels super moisturising on my lips. A winner. 

6. CC Creams
I always dig out my trusted CC creams, when the weather starts to get warmer. 
I hate having a heavy foundation on, when I'm sweating buckets!
I love this Bourjois one, it's light on the skin, gives a good medium coverage, and it smells amazing!
Hello apricots.

7. Smart Sun UV Indicator Wristband*
I was recently sent a couple of these SmartSun wristbands to test out. 
It's a great concept; you simply apply your sun cream as usual, and then pop the band on your wrist. The band is yellow, but changes colour to beige when it's time to reapply your sun cream, and turns pink when you should be staying out of the sun. It's a comfortable, and discrete wristband. 
You can just pop it on, and forget you're even wearing it, until it starts to change colour. 
So many people, myself included, apply their sun lotion in the morning and go about their day, but often forget to reapply throughout the day. 
You can wear this band in sea and pool water. 
This handy band reminds you when it's time reapply, and is a smart way to enjoy the sun. 
For more information on the SmartSun concept, or to buy some wristbands for yourself, check out the website here. 

I hope you enjoyed this 'Summer Essentials' post. What are your summer essentials? What do you think of the SmartSun concept?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Want to connect?

Love Laurenx

8 comments:

  1. Those wristbands are such a good idea, why have they only come up with this now!

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they! A great way to stay safe in the sunshine. :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree a denim jacket is perfect for this weather and I am only just slowly replacing my leather one haha has to be done when it's this hot, and the wristband sounds like a really good idea! I never wear spf on my face...I probably wear too much make up for it to matter ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! It's a nifty band, such a great idea for staying safer in the sun. Haha! :) I usually apply mine after moisturising, and then do my make up. Thank you for your lovely comments :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a nice post!!! I really need to get a nice pair of sunglasses, I also struggle to find some I actually like but I think I'll check out Primark! Also that wristband is quite a handy little thing!! Great post!!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely! I know how you feel, I find that so many of them are far too big for my face. Definitely head to Primark, cheap as chips! It's a great idea, isn't it! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. the wristband sounds really interesting! agree with everything else, need to get myself some white shoes!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great idea isn't it! Thank you, hehe they are cute and go with everything! A summer staple :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx