Monday, 29 June 2015

Lifestyle: Healthy Habits

Well hello there...

I've been feeling rather unmotivated as of late. I feel quite tired and a bit run down.
I think it's because I've been busy working, running errands and doing the usual day to day bits and bobs, which means I haven't been looking after myself as well as I could be.
So I thought I would share with you some of my habits, for a healthy mind and body.

Let's get started...
Get moving
Yes I know it's tempting to veg out, and watch just one more episode of Orange is the new black, but step away from the Netflix... 
I try to be active for at least 30 minutes every day. Be that doing a quick HIIT workout, going outside for a walk in the sunshine, or even just running up and down the stairs at work. 
Get that body moving, and your blood pumping!

Sleep easy
Sleep is vital for a healthy body, and a healthy mind. It's important to get a good night's sleep, I try and aim for seven to nine hours. 
You'll wake feeling fresh as a daisy, your body will thank you for it, and you'll feel less inclined to reach for chocolate or caffeine, to give you an energy boost.

Drink up
The best health tip I can give you is to drink more water. I drink at least 3 litres of the stuff every day. Try to aim for 1.5 to 2 litres per day. Remember that tea and coffee also count towards your daily intake. 
Not a fan of water? Add in some lemon slices, or strawberries to jazz it up a bit. Or you could even try sparkling water, if you are a fizzy pop fiend. 

Eat mindfully
Slow down and enjoy your food. Take small bites, chew thoroughly and actually taste your food. Wolfing down your dinner in a hurry, will lead to indigestion, bloating and you'll probably still feel 'hungry', as your brain takes around thirty minutes after eating, for it to register that you are full.

Eat your greens
Your mum was right! The more vegetables you consume, the better you will feel. As you are adding much needed fibre and vitamins to your diet, which will keep you feeling satisfied and full of energy!
Try throwing some sliced mushrooms in to your usual cheese omelette, or a handful of spinach in to your morning smoothie.
Easy peasy!

Stay positive 
It's far too easy to let yourself get stressed out. Be it about the way you look or feel about yourself, a deadline at work, or even a family issue.
We all put so much pressure on ourselves to be the best at everything, and for our lives to be 'instagram worthy'. 
Life isn't always fresh flowers and cupcakes, sometimes you have down days.
Try to take some time out, an hour or even a day to relax, unwind and concentrate on you.
Take a break from your computer, read a book, watch an episode of your favourite show, or even just whack on some tunes and do nothing at all!

Balance is key
I live by the 80/20 rule. I eat healthy, nutritious food that nourishes my body, for 80% of the week, and then allow myself to indulge in a little of what I fancy for the other 20%.
I love having dark chocolate, ice cream or a squidgy doughnut for my twenty percent.
If you deny yourself something that you fancy, you'll only crave it more and could end up overindulging. 
Take your time and really savour your 20%!

I hope you enjoyed this 'Healthy Habits' post. What are some of your healthy habits?
What do you think of my tips?
I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Want to connect?

Love Laurenx


  1. I adore these healthy tips! Sometimes it is hard to keep the momentum going, but it actually boils down to those consistent small choices that help keep you focused. I like your 80/20 rule too! A really lovely, positive post!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    1. Aw thank you lovely, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading my post! The 80/20 rule is such a great concept, you can be healthy while still enjoying your favourite treats!

      Thank you again for leaving such lovely comments, you babe! :) xx

  2. These are definitely fab tips! I always find it so hard to stick to a consistent routine, I really need to try and stick to the 80/20 a bit more! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    1. Thank you lovely! Getting yourself into a routine really helps! Don't forget that 20% of treats too! :) x


Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx