Monday 13 July 2015

Devon Delights #2: Beautiful Braunton

It's time for another Devon Delights post! I was so overwhelmed with the positive feedback and lovely comments, on my Devon Delight introduction post - a huge thank you to all you lovelies!
If you missed my first post, have a nosy here.

I love living in North Devon. It's such a beautiful area; I really relish the peace and quiet of the countryside. 
Myself and the boyfriend often venture out on day trips to nearby towns and villages.
Last weekend we had a lovely day out in Braunton, which is one of our favourite places.
So I thought I would share with you, some snaps from the day, and the delights of Braunton.
*Warning, this is a rather picture heavy post, I may have gotten a little bit snap happy...

Let's get started...

Braunton is a lovely, little village just outside of Barnstaple.
It's a bit of a hub for surfers, with three of the South West's surf beaches nearby, along with surf shops, and the museum of British surfing.




There are some amazing restaurants and café's, dotted around the village.
A firm favourite of ours, has to be Squires.
It's an amazing family run, fish and chip restaurant, nestled in the heart of Braunton.
They have won numerous awards, including the British Seafood Industry's Fish and Chip shop of the year title. It's clear to see that they are passionate about serving fresh, wholesome food. 
There's not a soggy chip in sight!
Squires is so much more than your average chip shop.
Their menu caters for all appetites, serving everything from succulent salmon fillets, and home-made steak and ale pie, to juicy burgers and the classic British favourite, cod and chips.
They also have a great selection of vegetarian options, from veggie burgers and grills, to cheese, onion and mushroom baps.

I went for the 'Famous Award Winning Cod and Chips' which comes with mushy or garden peas, and either tea, coffee, or a soft drink for only £9.20, and the boyfriend chose the burger and chips.

After waiting for around twenty minutes, we were each presented with our overflowing plates, and after taking a quick snap for instagram (shameless plug) I tucked in.
The fish was succulent, and melt in your mouth good, it flaked apart as soon as I cut in to it.
The batter was perfection, light and crispy, with a pleasing crunch.
As for the chips... they were amazing! Lovely and crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside.
All in all, it was an amazing lunch.
I would highly recommend Squires if you are ever in the Braunton area.

Squires also offer a delicious dessert menu, including a white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake, Knickerbocker glory, honeycomb fudge sundae and chocolate fudge gateaux.
I would have loved to sample one, but I was far too stuffed from my delicious fish and chips.
I will definitely have to save some room for next time!
After lunch we had a little wander around. I made a beeline for the fresh fruit stall, I'm a sucker for fresh watermelon, and picked myself up a huge slice for £1.00.
I also treated myself to a new pair of flip flops, because 1. I wore boots like a fool, and it was boiling! and 2. They were super cute okay...

If you like surfing, a laid back atmosphere, quirky shops, amazing restaurants and the cutest fruit stalls, you will love Braunton, it's definitely worth a visit!

I hope you enjoyed this 'Devon Delights' post. What do you think of beautiful Braunton? Have you ever visited the area? Are you a sucker for fresh fruit too? 
I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Want to connect?

Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking area :) Would love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty isn't it! A great place to visit :)

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx