Thursday 3 December 2015

Beauty: Help: Clear Skin Review*

I was recently contacted by the lovely people at Works with Water, who asked me if I would like to review their 'Help: Clear Skin'* products. I of course jumped at the chance, as I have been suffering with quite bad acne for the past couple of months. I'm not sure what has caused my (previously quite clear) skin to breakout with spots, but I think a combination of stress, being switched from 3 different contraceptive pills and hormones, has definitely taken it's toll on my skin. 
This has made me very self concious of my appearance, I've been gently cleansing, moisturising and dabbing on lotions and potions trying to find one that will make a difference to my acne, but nothing has worked. (If you suffer from acne, you will know that the more you stress out and worry about your skin, the more spots bloody appear... it's a vicious cycle really!) So I had high hopes that the Help: Clear Skin trial might be the wonder solution I've been hoping for.
Here are my thoughts on the Clear Skin products, and how I got on with my 28 day trial.
Help: Clear Skin is a natural soluble daily skin supplement, which claims to help achieve clear skin and reduce blemishes in as little as four to six weeks. 
The concept is very simple; I was kindly sent a box of 28 sachets and the instruction to take one sachet each day for one month. The sachets are dissolvable and can be added to any non-carbonated hot or cold drink, or even mixed in with soft foods. I opted to take my daily sachet each morning in my usual cup of green tea. But you could add the sachet to your morning fruit smoothie, glass of orange juice or even mixed in to Greek yoghurt, whatever your preference. 
The sachets don't really taste of anything; they did leave my mouth feeling a little dry after drinking it, and it does have a slightly strange smell once mixed in, but it wasn't an issue at all, once I started drinking it you can't really smell anything anyway.
 Each sachet is filled with a white powder-like substance, which looks very similar in consistency and appearance to the Lemsip sachets. Each sachet contains a unique Pravenac formula, which contains Aloe Vera that is known to have a smoothing and healing effect on skin.
 The sachets are also rich in Lactoferrin (a bio-active milk protein) this has been clinically proven to reduce acne by boosting your body's defences, to help eliminate bacteria build up and repair the damaged skin cells that acne causes.

Help: Clear Skin is suitable for vegetarians, diabetics and anyone who has a intolerance to lactose, they are also gluten free. 
Week 1
 (29th October - 5th November)
I began my trial this week. There has been no visible changes to my skin or acne yet. I am still getting new spots appearing. I'm staying positive and have high hopes for the next week.

Week 2 
(6th November - 12th November)
My skin is looking pretty much the same as last week, although I haven't had any more angry red bumps appear on my face yet. Win.

Week 3
 (13th November - 19th November)
My skin is looking brighter, although I am still getting spots they aren't coming up as painful as usual, and my existing spots have begun to reduce in size. 

Week 4 
(20th November - 25th November)
That's it, my 28 days are up and I have reached the end of my trial! My acne is still pretty much the same as it was before although my spots haven't been nearly as painful, I wasn't expecting miracles so I'm fine with that, but what has changed is the appearance of my skin. My face looks fresher, brighter and for want of a better word: healthier. Overall I think that the Help: Clear Skin sachets are a great concept, but unfortunately they didn't help to clear up my acne, which was my main skin concern. 
I think that perhaps taking the sachets every day for say, 2 - 3 months, rather than just the one I would have seen a real difference in my skin.

If you are interested in the Help: Clear skin concept, or want some more information on their products - check out the Works with water website here.

I hope you enjoyed this 'Help: Clear Skin' review post. What are your thoughts on taking daily 'clear skin' sachets? Have you tried out any acne products or supplements before?
Or perhaps you have an acne miracle cure? (wishing thinking!)

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

26 comments:

  1. can you go look at my blog to like tell me if its okay or really bad pls?
    www.howtosty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, That’s really nice of you that you shared this your skincare routine.
    From now onward I will definitely follow all these steps and
    just hope one day I will look (at least a bit) like you.
    We should adopt best skincare routine for 100% smoother and clearer face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, That’s really nice of you that you shared this your skincare routine.
    From now onward I will definitely follow all these steps and
    just hope one day I will look (at least a bit) like you.
    The best 100% smoother and clearer face for healthy skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing us wonderful blog- keep posting this kind of post , meet mr tanuj and make your life happy and peaceful Astrologer in South Delhi gave a best guidance

    Best Astrologer in Delhi gave a best guidance


    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the amazing blog .
    Keep posting skincare routine blogs.
    Zorro Nano Ionic Steamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.I have Bookmark this webpage,I am sure I will visit this place again soon.Thanks for sharing.
    Best Lactation Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  7. how to exfoliate skin naturally (BLACKWOOD FOR MEN)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... ACIM AUTHORS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. AUTHOR OF ACIM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info. AUTHOR OF ACIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. david hoffmeister books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. acim

    ReplyDelete
  14. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. dermal fillers for sale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information! um curso em milagres

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. a course in miracles authors

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! acim authors

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. authors acim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. acim authors

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. acim author

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. authors a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! a course in miracles authors

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. a course in miracles author

    ReplyDelete
  24. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. a course in miracles authors

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you want to make your eyebrows and eyelashes long and shiny? aloe vera gel for eyebrows and eyelashes is a quick and long-lasting way to condition and shine

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. authority backlinks

    ReplyDelete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx