Sunday 21 February 2016

Healthy Living: My Day On A Plate #1

I have seen these 'What I ate today' posts, floating around the blogging and YouTube world for a while now. I always enjoy having a bit of a nosy in to other peoples lives, so I thought I would give it a whirl! I chose a typical day off, come and be nosy!
I share photographs and snippets of my healthy lifestyle and all the food over on my instagram, if you want to see more of what I eat.

Breakfast - 10.00am
I started my day off with a litre of water and a morning workout to get that blood pumping, I usually exercise for around forty to fifty minutes depending on how much time I have. After showering I am usually starving, so I head to the kitchen to whip up some breakfast. I was feeling rather fancy this morning so I opted for my healthy French toast, I used fresh seeded rye bread from my local deli and topped my toast with fresh blueberries and a drizzle of my favourite sweetener, Sweet Freedom.
They were delicious! I also had a cup of Tetley tea with skimmed milk, a green tea and I grabbed another litre bottle of water from the fridge. I usually drink around 4 litres of water every day, and copious amounts of green tea.
Lunch - 1.30pm
About 12.30pm, I decided to go out for a power walk. I ended up walking about 1 mile exploring the countryside, it was such a bright and sunny but chilly day. After getting home from my walk I made some lunch - I had two slices of the seeded rye bread, spread with red pepper houmous and filled with crumbled feta, fresh sliced beetroot, cucumber and rocket, with cherry tomatoes, sliced carrot, a pear and an apple.

Snack time - 4.00pm
I spent the afternoon writing up a few blog posts, editing photographs and putting together some collages. Around 4.00pm I fancied a little snack and a cup of green tea, so I grabbed a chocolate chip Clif bar and a juicy peach to nibble on while I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my laptop, and watching YouTube videos.
Dinner - 6.15pm
Me and my boyfriend live together, so I waited for him to finish work before getting started on dinner. I made a batch of my favourite vegetable broth over the weekend, and I had a portion left in the fridge so I poured myself a bowl and had two slices of bread on the side, for dunking!
In case you couldn't tell, I am pretty addicted to the freshly baked bread my deli sells - it's delicious and nutritious, I love the seeds!
Snacks - 8.30pm
I always have a little sweet treat after dinner, I love dessert and have a major sweet tooth so it staves off those chocolate cravings, and stops me from devouring an entire block of Cadbury fruit and nut.
I made myself a little plate of sweetness, a sliced apple topped with crunchy almond butter, a handful of The Food Doctor fig and cranberry granola for crunch and a drizzle of choc shot. I also had a sliced pear, and 3 squares of Doisy and Dam 74% coconut and lucuma dark chocolate, which is bloody addictive!

Snack - 10.30pm
Me and the boyfriend usually settle down around this time, to binge watch our latest Netflix obsession. It's currently Lie to me, which we have seen so many times but it's such a brilliant show!
I had about 150g of frozen grapes and a green tea, they one of my favourite snacks, I always have a stash in my freezer.

And that's everything I ate today!

I hope you enjoyed this 'My Day on a Plate' post, What are some of your favourite dishes? Do you have a sweet tooth like me? Perhaps you have some sweet snack suggestions?

Please let me know if you liked this style of post, as I really enjoyed writing it and would love to share more of what I eat with you!

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. Your meals always look so delicious and healthy! I keep meaning to do a post like this (I love watching them on youtube!) but then forgetting haha. I like to be nosy and see what people eat though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much lovely! I am guilty of binge watching them on YouTube (oops!) it's nice to be nosy, and see what other people enjoy eating too! Thank you for commenting! :) xx

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx