Tuesday 1 March 2016

Travelodge Review*: Postcards From Paignton #1

Travelodge* kindly offered to put me up in one of their brand new look hotels - I of course jumped at the chance to have a little trip away with the boyfriend. After perusing the Travelodge website, there are over 500 hotels in the hotel franchise, I settled on the Paignton Seafront hotel in South Devon. I love Paignton and I actually was born and raised in Torbay, before moving to Dorset when I was three - so Paignton holds a lot of special memories for me.
Last Tuesday lunchtime myself and the boyfriend packed up our car, and made the two hour journey down to South Devon, for our stay at the Paignton Seafront Travelodge.
Upon arriving at the hotel we parked at the rear, for a very reasonable £6.00 for 24 hours and headed inside to check in. (Check in is at 3.00pm, and check out is at 12.00pm) We were greeted with a warm welcome, collected our keys and headed upstairs to our room for the next two nights. 
Our room was small but cosy, with the most beautiful sea view - you could see all the way across the pier and seafront, watching the waves rise and crash while sipping my morning cup of tea, was such a wonderful way to start my day.
Travelodge have recently completed a £100 million pound nationwide hotel modernisation programme, with a brand new contemporary look and a new improved room design.
I loved our hotel room, the king-size bed was ridiculously comfortable and the extra plump pillows were a dream to sleep on. We had a little desk area with tea and coffee making facilities, along with breakfast and dinner menus and a flat screen TV. 
The bathroom again was snug, but had everything we needed; a walk in shower, fresh towels, WC, sink and a large wall mirror with bright spotlights, which was perfect for applying make up.
My only little bugbear is that there weren't any plug sockets by the bed to charge your phone (I use my phone for an alarm), so we had to either use the desk or unplug the heater. It wasn't really a problem for us, but perhaps something to consider for the future. 
Travelodge charge extra for breakfast, at £5.75 for an 'unlimited lighter breakfast' which included fresh fruit salad, Yeo Valley yoghurt's, granola, croissants (served warm if you wish) toast and spreads (Nutella, jam, marmalade) and a large selection of Kelloggs cereals, including: Special K, Fruit and fibre, Coco pops, Cornflakes and many more. As for drinks, Travelodge offer a range of breakfast and herbal teas, a modern Lavazza coffee machine (Cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate) and fresh fruit juices. 
You can also upgrade to the 'unlimited full breakfast' menu for £7.95, which offers a cooked breakfast; bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans and more. Also included in the 'full menu' is everything on the lighter menu, so you can have the best of both worlds. 
Travelodge have a great selection of vegetarian options, including Linda McCartney sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns, mushrooms and tomatoes. There really is something for everyone.
Overall we had a wonderful two night stay, the room, staff and food were all excellent and nothing was too much trouble. I will definitely be staying at the Paignton Seafront Travelodge next time I am in the area, as it's a great base for visiting Paignton, Torquay, Living Coasts and Paignton Zoo. The views are beautiful, and the hotel is right next to the seafront - you couldn't ask for a better location!

I hope you enjoyed this 'Travelodge review' post Have you stayed in one of the new-look Travelodge hotels?  Or perhaps you're a fan of Paignton too?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

*Travelodge kindly offered me a complimentary two night break at one of their hotels (of my choosing) including breakfast, for the purpose of a review of their 'new look' hotel and bar cafe. As always all opinions and thoughts are my own. Please see my PR/Contact tab for more information.

5 comments:

  1. We use travel inns for work and they are great hotels, Paignton is beautiful and a great choice. The no sockets by beds is my big bugbear too, not sure why they haven't listened to customers who have fed this back. You look like you had a lovely stay Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab aren't they, great locations and reasonable prices too. I agree, it's something they should consider! It's such a beautiful place, had a wonderful time. Thank you lovely Lucy! x

      Delete
  2. I really like the discount offers at Online Coupon Island because I am always looking for ways to save my money.

    Travelodge Discount Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I extremely like the markdown offers at Online Coupon Island since I am continually searching for approaches to spare my cash

    Travelodge Discount Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rooms look amazing, you surely would have spent a wonderful time there. I believe no hotels rooms could be better than those where we can have all the necessary facilities we need.

    Travelodge Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx