Monday 6 June 2016

Healthy Recipe: Nutty Banana Cookies

I love taking seemingly 'unhealthy' dishes and giving them a healthy makeover. I've already revamped a fruit crumbleFrench toast and pancakes, so I thought I'd try my hand at some healthier cookies. Perfect to enjoy with a cuppa or to take as a snack on the go. Delicious! This cookie recipe is easy peasy, healthy and only requires six ingredients to make - win win!

If you recreate this or any of my recipes, I'd love it if you tagged me on Twitter or Instagram (@clumsybaby) so I can have a nosy!
To make five cookies you will need:
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoon of soft but not melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
75g of rolled oats
2 tablespoons of almond butter
(I tried these with cashew butter too and they were heaven)
Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract

If you want to make a bigger batch simply double the recipe.

Method:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan assisted) and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Peel and mash the banana in to a bowl using a fork, until it's a smooth consistency and there are no lumps.
3. Then add the coconut oil and maple syrup and continue mashing until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Pour in the oats, nut butter and vanilla and stir well.
5. Form the mixture into five cookies and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Leave to cool and enjoy!

The cookies should last up to three days in a sealed container.

These cookies are soft and almost cake like on the inside but crunchy on the outside, with a lovely nutty, banana taste throughout. I have been whipping up batches of these beauties to take to work with me as a mid-morning snack. I hope you love them as much as I do!
 (Oh and my dad gave them a big thumbs up!)
I hope you enjoyed this 'Nutty banana cookies' recipe post. Will you be recreating my cookie recipe? What's your favourite healthy sweet treat?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm just look so lovely!!! I could eat them now haha. X X

    www.allurelavie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Oh, they're so tasty - perfect with a cuppa! xx

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx