Thursday 30 June 2016

Lifestyle: Life Through My Camera Roll #7

It's been far too long since my last 'life through my camera roll' post, I usually try to make them a monthly edition, (catch up here) so I thought it was about time I shared with you what I've been loving/doing/munching lately! 
A few weeks ago, the lovely people from DragonFly Tea* kindly sent me a few boxes to try out. They are a wonderful family-owned, British tea company who are passionate about introducing tea lovers (like myself!) to new, quality tea experiences. I am a huge green tea fan, I am constantly sipping endless cups throughout the day. I find green tea so refreshing and hydrating, it's packed full of antioxidants and nutrients which are great for your skin, nails and general health. It's also been proven to speed up your metabolism and increase fat loss. I am loving the Dragonfly tea range, the citrus and berry flavours are both delicious. I love the combination of green tea with lemon, it's a great way to start your morning. You could even brew up a cup, allow to cool, add some ice and enjoy a refreshing iced tea. For more information, or to pick yourself up some dreamy teas - check out their website here.

Me and my boyfriend are both box set addicts. (hands up if you can relate!) We spend most evenings curled up on the sofa with all the food and a few episodes of our latest obsession. But after whizzing our way through many a series far too quickly, we have gone back to an old favourite - Modern Family! If you've never watched it before, where have you been? It's hilarious, real and so down to earth. Full of brilliant one-liners and a fabulous cast, Phil and Gloria have me in stitches! Watch it now. 

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day - I go to bed dreaming of what deliciousness I'm going to be munching on come morning. I am a big fan of yoghurt, granola and fruit, I have a combination of the three at least twice a week. But after reading the back of some of the bags of granola I had been picking up from the supermarket, I realised just how much added sugar can be in one serving. With that in mind I have started baking my own granola, it's cheap to make and so easy too! I love that you can add in whatever you fancy, and make it to suit you. If you would like me to share my easy, peasy granola recipe - leave me a lovely comment below.

I love fitness - I work out at least five times a week and love to mix it up. Lately I have been trying out yoga. I love how the focus is on your breathing and clearing your mind - my brain is always full of to do lists/stress/worries and negative thoughts, so it's been nice to switch my buzzing brain off for half an hour and just be in the moment. Yoga isn't just all oms and savasana, it's also a great way to tone up, strength your core and it has also helped to improve my posture. Give it a try, you might love it and if not you can just enjoy a lovely relaxing stretch on your mat for half an hour!
Healthy baking is a passion of mine, I love creating my own dishes and trying out new recipes be it from blogs, YouTube or cookbooks. My current favourite sweet treat are my Banana almond butter cookies, they are so quick to make and require only six ingredients, all of which are probably already sitting in your cupboard! They are full of nutritious ingredients, have no added sugar and taste pretty damn delicious (if I do say so myself). Tweet me a snap if you try them out, I'd love to see them!

Flowers are one of my favourite things. They are so beautiful, and really brighten up my flat. I was kindly gifted a lovely bunch of bright yellow carnations from a lovely guest at work, it was such a nice surprise and a thoughtful gesture. It just goes to show that something so small can really brighten someones day!

I did it! A few weeks ago I was challenged by the Exeter Deaf Academy to take part in their #VoiceOff challenge - I had a great day, raised some money for a wonderful cause and also gained so much knowledge. Check out my blog post here.

I hope you enjoyed this 'Life through my camera roll' post, What have you been loving lately? What's your favourite healthy sweet treat?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

*Dragonfly Tea kindly sent me three boxes of green tea to try and test for the purpose of a review. As always all opinions and thoughts are my own. For more information please see my Contact/PR tab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx