Wednesday 7 September 2016

Health: Glugging Ugly*

Water is my favourite beverage. I aim to drink between 3 - 4 litres of water every day, and you will always find me with a big bottle in hand. Water is one of the best (and easiest!) things you can do for your health and there are so many benefits. It improves digestion, energy levels and brain function, improves physical performance and can also help prevent headaches.
I was kindly sent a box of cans from the lovely people at Ugly*. Ugly is a sparkling water drinks brand, who create delicious carbonated drinks with no added nasties!
Their motto is: Ugly isn’t dressed up to look pretty, it’s unsweet and has nothing to hide. It’s just sparkling water infused with natural fruit flavours. Because you’re sweet enough already.

Ugly have two different flavours of sparkling water - lemon and lime, and grapefruit and pineapple. I love that both flavours have no added sugars or sweeteners, and contain nothing artificial. It's simply sparkling water, natural (lemon and lime/grapefruit and pineapple) flavours and citric acid. Oh and as for calorie content... a big fat zero! 
The lemon and lime tastes just as it says on the tin can. A delicious blend of citrus, with a lovely lime kick, I added a wedge of lemon to mine for even more zest! The first thing that came to mind when I spotted the grapefruit and pineapple was Lilt! (I used to love ice-cold, straight from the fridge Lilt in the summertime.) Again it was delicious, a lovely mix of tart grapefruit and super sweet pineapple. 
I enjoyed both drinks chilled, straight from the fridge with lashing of ice. They are the perfect sparkling drink for a warm day, to hydrate and refresh your palate. I will admit that they aren't anything like a fizzy drink, so if you're a big fan of sugary pop they may taste a little bland. But if you love flavoured water, with a fruity kick then you'll love Ugly! #glugugly
If you would like to know more about Ugly, or pick up a few cans for yourself - check out their website here.
I hope you enjoyed this 'Ugly Review' post. What is your favourite beverage? Will you be giving Ugly drinks a whirl?
I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Lauren x

*Ugly drinks very kindly sent me the cans of sparkling water mentioned above, to try and test for the purpose of a review. As always all opinions and thoughts are my own. For more information please see my Contact/PR tab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx