Tuesday 20 September 2016

Health: My Top Tips For When You Feel Under The Weather

That time of year is upon us again (well sort of... the sun is currently blinding me and it's muggy as anything today) but it's now September! As soon as mid-September hits I start dreaming of cooler weather, ankle boots, hot chocolates and bobble hats. I mean to be completely honest it's most likely going to be cold, rain a lot and we're all going to moan but let's pretend it's all Autumn leaves falling in slow motion and picture perfect pumpkin spice lattes. Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons: My birthday is in October, it's not too long until Christmas, you can eat your body weight in Halloween sweets and who doesn't love jumping into piles of crunchy leaves. It's a great time of year!

But when the cooler days roll in and the night's get gloomier, I find myself feeling a little under the weather, the change in seasons always gets me. I start to feel tired, lethargic, I always have sore, dry lips and a stuffed up nose. So with that delightful picture painted for you, I wanted to share my top tips that always work for me when I am feeling run down. 

Tea please
Tea solves pretty much anything (unless you despise tea of course, sorry about that) anyway, tea is always my go to for every situation. When I'm feeling tired, if I want a boost, if I have a slice of cake or if I'm feeling unwell - tea is the answer. I was kindly sent a few samples of different green teas from the lovely people at T Plus*. Each tea is designed to target a different part of your body, and they are all full of goodness and antioxidants which makes them the perfect brew for when you're feeling run down.
There are four green teas in the T Plus range:
Boost
A blend of ginseng, Yerba mate, raspberry and pomegranate. This 'boost' tea is designed to energise. Ginseng and Yerba mate are both plants that naturally give a slow release of energy and combined with b vitamins, makes this tea the perfect morning pick me up. 

Detox
A blend of milk thistle, ginger root, b and c vitamins, apple and blackcurrant, makes this the ideal cuppa for when your body needs a little TLC. Maybe after an overindulgent weekend, or if you are trying to add some extra goodness into your body. The combination of milk thistle and ginger root helps to support internal cleansing, and leave you feeling fresh as a daisy.

Immunitea
This is my favourite of the four teas, it's the perfect blend for when you're feeling run down or under the weather. The combination of orange, blueberry, echinacea (flowering plants in the daisy family) and ginseng gives your body the vitamin c boost it needs, and also helps to backup your immune system. The hug in a mug you need when you start feeling that cold brewing.

Multea
This the perfect all rounder tea, packed full of nine different vitamins and heart healthy antioxidants. A delicious green tea with a mix of cardamom, rosemary, spearmint, peach and lemon. 
Comfort food
I don't know about you, but as soon as I feel even the slightest bit 'under the weather' I crave all the carbs. I'm talking bowls of chilli, fluffy baked potatoes, the pasta heaven that is spaghetti bolognese and warming bowls of soup. (with a chunk of bread for dipping of course!) I love making big batches of my chicken casserole, or a bowlful of mushroom chilli when I'm not feeling my best. It's warm, it's comforting, it's delicious (if I say so myself) and it fills your body with all that goodness it needs to get back to feeling fabulous. Check out my chicken casserole recipe here.

Sweat it out
You're going to roll your eyes at me with this one, but it really does help! I find that even fifteen minutes of moderate exercise gives me a much needed rush of endorphins, and leaves me feeling full of energy. I also find a relaxing yoga session, combined with some gentle stretching a great way to relax, unwind and detox your body.

Hydrate
When you're not feeling your best, water is your best friend. Try to drink at least 2 - 3 litres of water every day to stay hydrated, flush out your system, maintain your body's fluid balance and regulate body temperature. Add in a few slices of lemon, lime or orange for an added vitamin c boost.

Relax
I find it so hard to relax, I'm always go go go and it's difficult for me to switch off and just do nothing. When I'm feeling run down I always try to take an hour or two out of the day for myself. Grab a blanket, get into your cosiest pyjamas, whack a good film on (chocolate bar optional but highly recommended) and just be lazy! It's okay to slow down once in a while, especially when you're feeling unwell. It's important to let your body rest and repair itself, and if that means binge watching a whole series on Netflix while it does so - even better!

I hope you enjoyed this 'Top tips for when you feel under the weather' post - Which T Plus tea would be your favourite? Are you a tea addict like me? What are some of your tips for when you're feeling under the weather? 

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Lauren x

 *I was kindly sent the teas mentioned and shown above by T Plus, to try and test for the purpose of a review. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own, for more information see the contact/pr section of my blog.

3 comments:

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx